Yesterday, I was nominated in a post by the incredibly talented Priscilla Cerdas for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to tip their hat to the bloggers they find nifty! Jordyn, over at Operation: Belle, was kind enough to share the rules behind the award:
1. Mention the blogger who nominated you for the award and link back to him/her in your post.
2. Answer the questions that blogger has asked you.
3. Nominate at least five other bloggers.
4. Create questions for your nominees to answer.
So, without any further adieu…
1. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
I was in a bit of a rush this morning, so I’m not too proud of my breakfast choice today. I stopped by the Country Fair and got a bagel with butter on my way to Holiday Valley, but I did manage to grab a V8 wash it down! So, that’s kind of healthy… right?
2. To you, what is the greatest thing since sliced bread?
Sticking with neat inventions, I couldn’t live without my George Foreman grill. It’s the best thing, well, since sliced bread! I love being able to cook everything from turkey burgers to paninis in the comfort of my own home (which is super important when it’s below freezing where you live for most of the year).
3. What song should play every time you walk into a room?
While there is one song that triumphs over all others for this answer, it wouldn’t exactly be very professional for me to post it (so I may or may not have just linked to it above instead…).
So, I’ve decided to post the song from the Broadway show that I think best describes my life.
Watch What Happens plays on repeat in my head just about any time I’m trying to get work done, writing an article, or just running all over campus doing errands, and is from the Disney musical Newsies (which is one of the best shows I’ve seen on Broadway – next to Wicked, of course). In the video I linked above, the male members of the cast lip sync to the vocal track.
4. What is your favorite Instagram account?
Lil Bub, without a doubt!
I don’t even need to explain myself. I mean, look at her!
5. Who knows you better than you know yourself?
My parents and my best friend, Katie, know me (as in my personality and how I function) better than I will ever know myself.
Becca definitely knows the most about the things that go on in my life. She has spent countless hours crammed in our cubicle with me talking about and helping me through my life
6. What advice would you give to your 13 year old self?
“Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something or that you aren’t good enough. You can do absolutely anything you set your mind to. There will be those who doubt you and certainly those who try to bring you down, but pay them no mind. You are only as incapable as you tell yourself you are.”
7. What’s your favorite dance move? (please provide gif if possible)
Anyone who has come in contact with me within the last few months, knows I’m taking Zumba. I’ve been infected with the sassiness of Salsa, the sexiness of Arabic belly dancing and the Uptown Funk (it definitely got given to me)!
One thing Zumba has taught me (shout out to Katie) is to not care one bit about what other people think of you while you’re doin’ your thang, because you’re fabulous!
While lately most of my moves have been coming from our class routines, I’ll do just about anything if there’s some music going (and let’s be real: I haven’t taken my headphones out of my ears since ’09). Charleston, Carlson, Cha Cha, you name it!
8. What’s something you would never change about yourself?
I take great pride in my work ethic. I’m an overachiever, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. While I occasionally will run myself into the ground trying to do absolutely everything, I always get it done and always to the absolute best of my ability.
9. If you wrote a book, what would you title it and why?
If I were to have the insane amount of time that it takes to write a book, it would more than likely be an investigative journalism piece. Basically, All The President’s Men in modern times.
So, I can’t really say what I would name it until I find out what hidden, dirty secrets I uncover.
10. What inspired you to create your blog?
I wouldn’t exactly call it inspiration…
But, in all seriousness, my Print and Digital Narrative classmates and I were assigned to create a blog for the semester, updating it three times each week.
After running a million ideas through my head, my professor and I came up with the idea for me to blog about the people who inspire me to be a better journalist. It’s been an absolutely incredible experience so far, and I am so glad I’ve had the opportunity to create and run my own blog about something that means so much to me.
11. How do you take your coffee? … or tea for you non-coffee drinkers.
Everyone knows it is NOT a good idea to let me have coffee.
I am one of the few journalists whose bloodstream isn’t filled with caffeine. However, I do use it when I need to get work done. In which case, it needs a dump truck of sugar and vanilla creamer.
Tea is a blessing. I’ll drink almost any kind, really. I am also a firm believer in the power of Throat Coat and a little honey.
Last but not least, here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
1. Becca at Healthy is a Lifestyle Choice
2. Jess at Jaynerf
3. Sarah at Conquering Life
4. Veronica at In a Nutshell
5. Carly at Armageddon Warriors
Take a few minutes to ponder and answer the questions below. Let me know (in the comments) when you’ve posted your answers. I would love to read them! Then, tag five bloggers you think deserve some recognition, and create some questions for them to answer!
1. What is your favorite way to recover from a long, hard day?
2. What would you do today if you knew you could not fail?
3. What is your Netflix guilty pleasure?
4. Which comforts of home do you miss most when you’re at school?
5. If you had to choose three words to describe yourself, which would you choose?
6. What is your favorite vacation memory?
7. What’s your most played song right now and why?
8. If you were sent to live on a deserted island alone for one week, what three items would you bring?
9. Have you ever had any animals? If so, what are/were their names.
10. Who is your celebrity crush?